About Me

My photo
a dynamic thirty-something. In my day job I better educate more children but at night I'm someone else! I'm a Madd Scrapper...like a scientist,I'm in my lab boiling up tons of handmade awesomeness..somebody help me!!! I have a sick obsession with all things creative...I can't stop thinking of ways to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. I dream of pattern paper, stickers, ribbon, scissors and glue...I can't stay away from craft stores...I try but I just can't...uuugghhh...will it ever end?? I hope not. I LOVE this stuff..I eat.sleep.scrap!

Monday, December 27, 2010

5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

...and so we're just five days away from a new year. See ya 2010 and hello 2011! I'm willing to bet that there are millions of people all across America sitting somewhere making their lists and checking them twice...what list you ask?...their New Year's Resolutions list! Don't act like you've never created a list at some point in your life. If the truth be told, you're probably working on one now. Well, I'm not. I'm forreal! I stopped making new years resolutions years ago. It got to be too much for me. Every year I'd write down all these things I resolved to do and every year, midway through, I'd fall short. I felt like a failure with no stick-to-it.

Now, a little older and a lot wiser, I can see why I fell short of keeping my resolutions. It had nothing to do with me not having any stick-to-it. (I'm the most stick-to-it-est person I know...seriously). It had everything to do with me trying to accomplish the resolutions on my own. (Huge mistake!) For a minute there I seriously thought I could run my own show (Really LOL). After several mess-ups and a ton of failures, what I came to realize is that in order for me to succeed at ANYTHING (even keeping some measly resolutions) I need to be plugged into the Ultimate Power Source; Jesus Christ. It is He Who provides me with the strength, wisdom and power to accomplish things. Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

So as you count down to the new year and (work on your list of resolutions),if you don't alredy know Jesus, I challenge you to get to know Him. He'll give you life anew and the strength, courage and power you need to accomplish whatever you set out to do (...that's in His will of course!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey hottie, you gotta man?

Unknown said...

cause shawty, u fine.