About Me

My photo
a dynamic thirty-something. In my day job I better educate more children but at night I'm someone else! I'm a Madd Scrapper...like a scientist,I'm in my lab boiling up tons of handmade awesomeness..somebody help me!!! I have a sick obsession with all things creative...I can't stop thinking of ways to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. I dream of pattern paper, stickers, ribbon, scissors and glue...I can't stay away from craft stores...I try but I just can't...uuugghhh...will it ever end?? I hope not. I LOVE this stuff..I eat.sleep.scrap!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010-My Year in Review

With 2011 only 27 hours away, I thought I'd take a look back at the wonderful and not-so-wonderful events of 2010.

In no particular order, I...
  • celebrated nearly 3 years of celibacy! (ONLY with the help of the Spirit)
  • was promoted to Dean (a fancy word for Asst. Principal)
  • bounced back from foreclosure
  • served as a NTO Teacher Leader (after being rejected 2 years in a row)
  • was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation (Google it for more info)
  • reconnected with my estranged father after 9 plus years
  • delivered a sermon to my M.I.T classmates titled "Desperately Seeking Transformation"
  • thrived in the middle of an economic recession (every single need was met!)
  • relocated to Atlanta, GA from Michigan
  • successfully completed the 12-week Experiencing GOD course (with only 1 absence)
  • met some 'wonderful' new acquaintances
  • got the devastating news that my father has lung cancer
  • cut a few 'toxic' people loose
  • saved over $100 plus dollars on my car insurance by moving to GA
  • partnered with one of the greatest ministers I know to share the gospel weekly with the young ladies on lock down at the WCJDF (sidebar:I thought I was going to make a huge impact on the girls when actually, they made a huge impact on me)
  • learned to say and mean "NO"

No comments: