About Me

My photo
a dynamic thirty-something. In my day job I better educate more children but at night I'm someone else! I'm a Madd Scrapper...like a scientist,I'm in my lab boiling up tons of handmade awesomeness..somebody help me!!! I have a sick obsession with all things creative...I can't stop thinking of ways to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. I dream of pattern paper, stickers, ribbon, scissors and glue...I can't stay away from craft stores...I try but I just can't...uuugghhh...will it ever end?? I hope not. I LOVE this stuff..I eat.sleep.scrap!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Reality Check

In my previous post, I said that it doesn't seem like my father has passed. I know he has but I just didn't feel it.

I had a reality check today. As I walked into the funeral home, I saw my dad's name and picture scrolling on the marquee...

Still doesn't feel real to me.

Walked into the room where he was...

A little more real, but not quite.

Walked up to the casket in which he lay...

VERY REAL!

I was overcome with emotion as I looked at my father laying in the casket.

He looked great. I know it sounds weird that I'm saying my deceased father looked great but he did. While he didn't look like I remember him, he still looked great. He had a slight smile on his face as if to say, "finally,I am at peace"

...and I'm at peace because he's at peace.

No comments: