About Me

My photo
a dynamic thirty-something. In my day job I better educate more children but at night I'm someone else! I'm a Madd Scrapper...like a scientist,I'm in my lab boiling up tons of handmade awesomeness..somebody help me!!! I have a sick obsession with all things creative...I can't stop thinking of ways to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. I dream of pattern paper, stickers, ribbon, scissors and glue...I can't stay away from craft stores...I try but I just can't...uuugghhh...will it ever end?? I hope not. I LOVE this stuff..I eat.sleep.scrap!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pop-Ups

Pop-ups are a form of online advertising on the World Wide Web intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses. With pop-ups, when you click on a website a new window opens to display advertising.

Talk about ANNOYING!

Pop-ups can interfere with your ability to see the content on the web page you are trying to read. If you're not careful, you may accidentally click on a pop-up that can slow down your computer or worst; damage it! The goal is to block pop-ups before they can interrupt your web browsing. To do this, you need to install a pop-up blocker on your computer.

HANG IN THERE, I'M GOING SOMEWHERE WITH THIS...

I'd like to suggest that computers aren't the only thing that need a pop-up blocker. I believe we humans need a pop-up blocker on our minds. Just as pop-ups can slow down or damage your computer, negative and wrong thoughts that pop into your mind can also slow you down and do great damage to your life. Just as Google toolbar serves as a pop-up blocker for your computer, the Word of God is the pop-up blocker for the Believer.

Blocking wrong thoughts and guarding your mind takes discipline and diligence. The objective of the enemy is to get you to receive the negative thought, speak it and act on it. Once you "click" (act) on something he suggested, you activate a negative cycle in your life.

Second Corinthians 10:5 says,"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exhalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." With the Word of God in your mouth and in your heart you can defeat the enemy's suggestions (pop-ups) every time.

My friend, you don't have to be ruled by pop-ups (wrong thoughts). Block/guard your mind from them by being mindful of what you look at, listen to and talk about with others. You have authority over every area of your life, including your mind. God gave that authority to you! Beat down negative thoughts with God's Word!

Ephesians 4:21-24 declares, "Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God- truly righteous and holy."

The Word further declares in Romans 12:2, "Be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God". (KJV)

I urge you to do your best effort to keep yourself in the right frame of mind. Stay in the Word and keep out ALL wrong influences and you will be victorious over negative thoughts.

~KLJ

1 comment:

Damon + Maryam said...

Yay! Love the blog! Dj is doing well. Still smart as a whip, playing sports and being a ladies man. He's going to be ested for gifted and talented at the end of the year, but is already being pulled out for tag services.