About Me

My photo
a dynamic thirty-something. In my day job I better educate more children but at night I'm someone else! I'm a Madd Scrapper...like a scientist,I'm in my lab boiling up tons of handmade awesomeness..somebody help me!!! I have a sick obsession with all things creative...I can't stop thinking of ways to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. I dream of pattern paper, stickers, ribbon, scissors and glue...I can't stay away from craft stores...I try but I just can't...uuugghhh...will it ever end?? I hope not. I LOVE this stuff..I eat.sleep.scrap!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Serious Case of Cabin Fever

Ok...we've had not one; not two; but THREE snow days! We may very well have a fourth.

Are you kidding me?!?

The state of Georgia is re-cooping from what they call the worst winter storm they've seen in years. It's not the snow that's a huge problem (there was only about 3 inches that fell). It's the ice that's causing everything to shut down. The roads look like ice arenas. It's ridiculous. Every school, business, government office, and major freeway is closed. Heck, even the jails are closed! I saw on the news that they weren't allowing any visitors.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE fan of snow days. One, maybe two days and I'm good. But 4 days? I can't take it. I've been on lockdown since Sunday and I'm starting to get antsy.

Let's see, since being snowed in I've...
  • read a few chapters from each of my favorite books
  • managed to eat every snack in my pantry
  • cleaned my bathroom from ceiling to floor
  • washed every piece of clothing I could find
  • spent more than the law allows on iTunes
  • gave myself a mani/pedi
  • stalked my email account(s) (no new messages)
  • watched my favorite talk shows/soaps
  • slept
  • prayed
  • laughed as I watched my neighbors fall trying to brave the ice :-)
While this list of activities isn't the most exciting, it's all I could think to do while I patiently wait for this madness to be over!

No comments: