About Me

My photo
a dynamic thirty-something. In my day job I better educate more children but at night I'm someone else! I'm a Madd Scrapper...like a scientist,I'm in my lab boiling up tons of handmade awesomeness..somebody help me!!! I have a sick obsession with all things creative...I can't stop thinking of ways to turn the ordinary into something extraordinary. I dream of pattern paper, stickers, ribbon, scissors and glue...I can't stay away from craft stores...I try but I just can't...uuugghhh...will it ever end?? I hope not. I LOVE this stuff..I eat.sleep.scrap!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Total Silence

Today was snow day number four....uugghhh!

Anywho, I started my day a little differently than I have the past three snow days. Instead of getting up, turning on the television, and busying myself with meaningless tasks, I got up and turned on some gospel music. While I scrambled my last two eggs, fried my last few pieces of bacon, and stirred my last pot of grits (my fridge is officially empty), I jammed to John P. Kee (my favorite song is "I Do Worship"). I was jamming so hard I almost burned my eggs! (Don't tell me I can't sing!)

My spirit was overjoyed as I ate my breakfast. Once finished, I had a shower, turned off my music and then...

sat in TOTAL SILENCE!

I rarely sit in silence. I am always doing something; listening to the radio, watching tv, texting or emailing; doing something! What I discovered today is that sitting in SILENCE is awesome! I prayed, read scripture, prayed again, read more scripture, prayed some more and read even more scripture. Because I didn't have the distraction of the radio, tv or my cell phone I was able to LISTEN and HEAR what GOD was saying to me.

Hear's what He said...

"Kimberly, you spend too much time worrying about things that really don't matter. STOP IT! Please, do not worry yourself with the things of this world. Babygirl, if you just delight yourself in ME, I will give you the desires of your heart. Remember that I came that you may have life and have it more abundantly. I AM your Jehovah Jireh (God who provides). In ME, you have everything you need."

He also said to me, "Be not afraid of the wicked who come against you to eat of your flesh. They will stumble and fall. There will be an army to encamp against you but fear not. I AM your protection. I will hide you in MY pavilion; in the secret place of MY tabernacle. Kimberly, I will set you high upon a rock. Wait on ME; be of good courage. I will strengthen your heart!" (He said some other things to me that I am not authorized to share-sorry, its just between He and I)

Um...I'm usually not at a loss for words. Y'all who know me know that I always have a bunch to say. (I'm not ashamed to say that I can talk!) However, God left me speechless. All I could do was nod in agreement. 

Friends, if you haven't tried sitting in silence before, I urge you to try it today. You never know what God is trying to tell you; you just need to silence the noise so you can hear Him clearly!

No comments: